Warriors and Warlords is looking for a new site

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2007
      Forwarded

      Hi all,

      The following is an announcement that has been sent out to the
      Northshield Hall and the Nordskogen email list in addition to this
      list. Please read it carefully, and note that the autocrat team really
      appreciates support from this fabulous Barony, including keeping
      questions to a minimum to allow them to focus on getting a new site.

      Official Missive:

      The SCA has recently learned via a national press release by NCN
      campground that it has changed the public nature of its venue. This
      revised public image and purpose runs contrary to the nature of
      Warriors and Warlords, the Kingdom of Northshield, and the SCA.

      Therefore we are discontinuing SCA presence at the NCN site and
      Warriors and Warlords will not be held there. We have terminated our
      contract with NCN and have removed our event-related property from
      the site.

      We are actively searching for an alternate site and will make an
      announcement as soon as we have more information available. At this
      time, we fully expect that WWXIV will occur, just at a new location.

      We apologize for any uncertainty or difficulty caused by this
      announcement. We realize that many of you will have questions and
      concerns; however, we ask that you please be patient. We are
      currentlyfocusing all our energies toward finding our new site and
      therefore havelimited time to reply to individual emails and calls.

      We greatlyappreciate your cooperation and will send additional
      updates as soon aswe have more specific information.

      In service,
      The WW Autocrat Team
    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2007
        If Northshield wins Border Skermish, perhaps they can use Glenbrook North.

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski

        David Roland <mystborne@...> wrote:
[...]

        TV dinner still cooling?

      • Metylda
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2007
          But Border Skirmish isn't held at Glenbrook North. Nor
          is there drinking at on school grounds.

          And besides, Border Skirmish is fought over who gets
          Kevin O'Shaunnesey, and who gets his loverly and
          wonderful wife, Caitlin. (Loser gets Kevin.) ;)

          Metylda

          --- kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

          > If Northshield wins Border Skermish, perhaps they
          > can use Glenbrook North.
          >
          > -Kevin Ambrozijwski
          >
          > David Roland <mystborne@...> wrote:
          > Forwarded

          There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

          *****

          Me þæt wyrd gewæf

          http://tv.yahoo.com/