Re: [Ayreton] Event question from a newcomer

  • Marie Schorn
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2007
      Hi Beatrice,

      This weekend is Ragnarok Rampage - it is usually a small event but fun.  I will probably be going to that one.  It is about an hour or so outside of Chicago.  They also had a bardic circle last year and had some games people played but I can't remember what they were.

      Jubilee (6/15) is about 3 - 3.5 hours away.  It is a combination event and demo /ren faire.  The SCA has it's own camping area up the hill away from the ren faire.  Non-SCA people can come to the ren faire area for the day.  There are booths - some of which are worked by SCA people, a parade that the SCA marches in, fighting and usually a feast.

      Border Skirmish (6/23) is about an hour or so north of Chicago.  It is usually a larger event with fighting, fencing and A&S.  It is a camping event.  They are going to have a feast with roast pork as part of it.  There will be classes and an A&S display as well.  It is a war between the Middle kingdom and Northshield (the kingdom that starts at the border of Wisconsin and Ill).  They will also almost certainly have a bardic circle.

      Swine and Roses (6/30) is about 2 hours away from Chicago.  It is a medium sized event.  They will have fighting, fencing, classes, a feast and probably bardic.

      Warriors and Warlords is a big event in Wisconsin (Northshield).  It is basically a small war where people camp for 4 days or so.  I have never been.

      Other ones people from the area will probably go to is the Feast of St. Ethyl amd Simple Day.  Simple Day is about 4 hours away, has fighting and the weather is usually very hot.  It is an outdoor event.  I haven't been to the Feast of St. Ethyl before but since it is a regional war practice, a lot of the fighters from the area will probably be there.

      Hope this helps,

      Arrienne

      kfinegan@... wrote:
      Greetings.

      I've just moved here from An Tir, and I realized as I looked at the event calendar that I have no idea what events are good to attend, which ones are small, which are large, what sorts of activities to expect...

      So, what events are good to attend?  What are _you_ going to this summer?  Why do you choose those events to attend?

      In Service to the Dream (and formerly to An Tir),
      Signora Beatrice Domenici della Campana, AoA
      Argent, a lion rampant to sinister sable and in chief two roses azure, each charged with a rose argent.
      (fieldless) A rose per pale argent and azure

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2007
        Hello Signora Beatrice,

        You can find out more about what activities will be held at an event by going to the Society website and looking at the Events link.
        Click on the Middle, and there are links to event websites.

        I hope that helps.

        Kyla Pennywarden of Ravenslake, Midrealm, Middle Kingdom, AoA