Demo Request - Shire of Grey Gargoyles

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2007

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles has been asked to put on a demo and we are asking for your help.

      The demo takes place Wednesday June 20, 2007 in Thornton, Illinois sometime between the time of 10:00 a.m  and 2 p.m.  exact time hasn't been set yet.  This is for a day camp for children.  The staff of the day camp will be responsible for the children, not those scadians at the demo.

      As you can imagine it has been difficult to find people for this time of day.  If you can come help please do!

      My deputy Chatelaine Olivia an Bheithir called Livy is coordinating and handling this Demo.  While Livy is not well known in the local group she is a long time Scadian and was the Chatelaine for the Barony of Setmore Swamp for some time.  Please help her make this a very succesful demonstration!

      The Day Camp does understand that we are a volunteer organization and that our resources are limited.  They have requested the following areas to be at the demo if we can:

      In their words...

      Fighting/Fencing demo
      Pottery
      Cooking (we cannot have a live flame inside the building, but we do have a fridge and grilling facilities in our pavillion and the kids love to eat.  haha  We would be happy to purchase food supplies.)
      Gaming
      Leather working
      Paper Making
      Riddles
      Toy making
      Drama/comedy

      I would love to hear about a wonderfully succesful demo and help to grow the SCA in this underserved areas.

      The day camp information is:

      Thornton Recreational Department

      701 Highland Avenue

      Thornton , IL 60438

      Please forward all responses and inquiries to Livy at:

      E-mail : Boomboom93@...

      Phone : (773) 403-1220

      Thank you very much!

      Ian the Green