Ayreton Announcement List

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2007
      Greetings and well met unto you, members and people of the Society for Creative Anachronism.  I am Lord Ian the Green the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  It is my humble honor to be allowed to make annoucements for the area mundanely called the Greater Chicago Area.  This area in the SCA holds The Province of Tree Girt Sea, The Shires of Ravenslake, Vanished Woods, Rokkehealden and Grey Gargoyles as well as the Incipient Shire of Fox Vale.  Though unofficial we call this area Ayreton.

      Because we have so many groups in this area who have many activities and similar interests we created a Yahoo! Group so that everyone in Ayreton and the Knowne World could have a centralized resource for information about the Scadian going ons.  Everything from Arts Martial Practices to A&S activities as well as getting rides and similar kinds of information.  Our web address is:

      Anyone can access this Yahoo! Group and you do not have to join.  Accessable without joining in are the Messages, the ability to post (but you will always be moderated if you don't join), the links and the calendar.

      If you choose to join the Yahoo! Group you will have full access.  Your first post will be moderated and we will try to take you off moderated status as quickly as we can after that.

      While discussion is not forbidden we do ask that all postings have to do with something going on in the SCA that is of interest to those in the Ayreton Area.  If a moderator or owner asks a discussion goes offlist we ask that you honor that request.  After all the primary purpose of the list is to get information out to people.

      As you may have guesses anyone can make posts, not just me the Ayreton Towne Cryer.

      What kinds of things are announced/taked about on the Ayreton List?

      Just about everything Scadian!  Births, deaths, fighter practices, A&S activities, ride requests, ride offers, sales at stores, events, resources, who won Crown Tournament bad weather warnings affecting events and many other things as well.

      I look forward to seeing you on the list, we already have over 150 members, and hope you find it useful!

      Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
    • Ayreton Towne Cryer

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2007
          Greetings and well met unto you, members and people of the Society for Creative Anachronism.  I am Lord Ian the Green the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  It is my humble honor to be allowed to make annoucements for the area mundanely called the Greater Chicago Area.  This area in the SCA holds The Province of Tree Girt Sea, The Shires of Ravenslake, Vanished Woods, Rokkehealden and Grey Gargoyles as well as the Incipient Shire of Fox Vale.  Though unofficial, we call this area Ayreton.

          I would like to introduce you to the new Deputy Ayreton Towne Cryer, Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza.  It is my fervent hope that you will welcome her as you have welcomed me or better.  She will almost certainly be taking over from me and become the second Ayreton Towne Cryer ever.

[...]

          As you may have guessed anyone can make posts, not just me, the Ayreton Towne Cryer or my new Deputy.

          What kinds of things are announced/taked about on the Ayreton List?

          Just about everything Scadian!  Births, deaths, fighter practices, A&S activities, ride requests, ride offers, sales at stores, events, resources, who won Crown Tournament bad weather warnings affecting events and many other things as well.

          I look forward to seeing you on the list, we already have over 175 members, and hope you too find it useful!

          Ian the Green
          Ayreton Towne Cryer