Re: [Ayreton] 7 1/2 halberd Question

  • Sir Ix
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21 7:04 AM
      Re: [Ayreton] 7 1/2 halberd Question
      Sounds like it-- though you have some options, still:  First, send an email to  LiliesMarshal@...   and ask if all weapons must follow Calontir's handbook.  It's possible that a weapon built to the Society rule may be allowed, given how many people come to Lillies from other Kingdoms.

      I can state that armor is allowed by the kingdom of residence, but weapons must meet Calontir standards

      Second, if you need this weapon to be Calontir-legal, consider building an 18" striking surface (must be padded), with the 7" axe head as a protruding part of that.  Won't so much look like any weapon I've ever seen, but it'll give you what you want and fit their rules.

      This is the only way I know how to do this in Calontir.

      --

      Sir Ixtilixochitl
      Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

      (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
    • Blair Peterson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22 10:10 AM
        Thanks Christian. I think my biggest error when reading these descriptions
        was that I wanted to build a halberd, but was instead invisioning a poleax.
        Hence, I think I'll be building about 10" of striking surface between the
        tip and the axe head itself, which will sit at the bottom of the striking
        surface, which I will pad on both sides, to more closely resemble the long
        blades I found to protrude out of the top of some halberd pictures I found.

        I am curious about how midrealm weapons are accepted or not at the war
        though so I will be following up with the Lilies Marshall.

        Thanks,

        Lukas
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22 11:36 AM
          What about the pole-axes that TJ of By My Hand sells? Would those fit the bill? (ha ha)

          --
          Ld. Earik MacSkellie
          Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly

          http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%40gmail.com/public/basic