      Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 2:10 PM
      Subject: [Cleft] For those hauling trailers to War Practice, Pennsic
      All -
      I ran across this information on an SCA-related message board this morning.  Can't verify the accuracy, but it probably doesn't hurt to be aware of the possibility just in case:
      "For those of you who haul utility trailers with your goods for War/ War Practice, beware that Pennsylvania Police Departments are currently doing a crackdown on vehicles hauling trailers. This stems from a collision between a Minivan and a trailer that was not properly secured to the vehicle pulling it. 3 people were killed including 2 very young children. This happened in Richland Township on Route 8, which is a short jump, on the highway from Cooper's Lake. Police department's are doing one and 2 day stings, pulling over vehicles hauling trailers and doing roadside inspections. If you would like to know what the PA state law says regarding trailers, I have posted it below.
      www.pacode.com/ secure/dat. ..apGtoc. html
      Be sure you have the appropriate break away safeguards, and that chains from the trailer to the vehicle are crossed.

      Be safe and we will see you all at War Practice or Pennsic"

      Get your own web address.