984Scraping the Announcement list Clean - Ayreton Activities - May 8, 2007

  • ayretontownecryer
    May 8, 2007

      Greetings to all to whom this may come,  Spring has most certainly sprung and Summer is around the corner.  Schedules change as the seasons change.

      In this vein I need each person and/or group to contact me that has been or would like announcements made by the Ayerton Towne Cryer.  In an effort to clean up the announcements of old and out of date information I will be wiping the slate clean.  In short that means if you want the Towne Cryer to keep making your announcements you need to e-mail me the request.

      Please e-mail me your announcement requests even if I have been announcing your activity regularly.

      Thank you very much and I look forward to continuing to make announcements for all the Ayreton Groups as well as the members of the populace.
      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S
      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting A&S fun. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.
      ALL Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.
      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.
      Hope to see you there!
      Direction at:
      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.
      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption
      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Monday evenings.
      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.
      ** Calligraphy and Illumination
        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      Please join us April 10 and 24!
      Heraldry Night
      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.
      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.
       The next scheduled meetings shall be April 11th and 25th
      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.
      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL
      Thursday May 10th *not the 1st week as normal*
      Thursday May 24th (moot)
      Thursday June 7th
      Thursday June 28th (moot)
      Thursday July 5th
      Thursday July 19th (moot) *3rd week instead of 4th as normal*

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona