      From: Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Sent: Apr 18, 2007 7:48 PM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Background checks for Youth people

      Greetings (former) Lady Mayor,

      There is another potential aspect in this too, involving Archery Marshals.
      As it stands right now, Archery Marshals-in- Training are the only group of
      marshals that have to conduct a Youth activity as part of their training.
      Under this, prospective Archery MiTs are going to have to undergo a
      background check before they ever attend a single event for their training.
      This could have a chilling effect on membership for future Archery Marshals
      who may have no desire to have their background prodded into before they
      even complete one part of their training.

      I also concur with the Lord Mayor in that this may end up shutting down
      Youth activities across the board in the SCA.

      I am also wondering if this issue hasn't been addressed before, especially
      since there are now SCA Members who have parents and grandparents that "grew
      up" in the SCA.

      In Service,

      -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Archery Marshal in Training, the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles

      Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate
      new payment
      http://www.lowermyb ills.com/ lre/index. jsp?sourceid= lmb-9632- 19132&moid= 14888

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic