      From: David Roland <mystborne@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:51:41 AM
      Subject: [Ayreton] Re: Background checks for Youth people

      As a former child care worker of seven years at a shelter for abused
      and neglected children I was surprised that people whose primary
      responsibility was for working with children were not required to have
      some kind of back ground check. I have many horror stories of what
      happens to children by adults.

      However the SCA is NOT a child care company. And the costs for
      checking anyone who has any contact with children are prohibitive for
      our Not For Profit company. And so there must be a balance in my mind
      between the two.

      My letter also shall be going to the appropriate individuals.

      Ian

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic