947Re: [Ayreton] Re: Background checks for Youth people
- Apr 18, 2007Here are some of the issues that I will be writing a letter about, based in a large part to the response I've been getting on the Youth Combat egroup.
1) What is the scope of these checks, and what constitutes a "fail"? Especially as all the SCA is supposed to be getting is either a pass or fail.
2) What is the recourse for an individual to "clear his/her name" in the case of a false fail?
3) Funding....it is a good question. Will membership dues have to be raised? How else will the kingdoms afford this? I do understand that the kingdoms with larger programs should bear more cost than their smaller counterparts, but....
4) Isn't this why we instituted the two non-related adult rule?
5) It will indeed, as our esteemed Mayor stated, have the possible unintended effect of shutting down smaller groups ability to have children's activities. Or, to begin the process of shutting down children's activities at all at events. Which will drive membership away.
Ok, that's all that comes to mind off the top of my head. I do have notes and a draft started.
And yes, letters are important now. The BoD has asked for feedback to help in their deliberations. Let's give that feedback, regardless of your feelings (meaning either pro or con). The best decisions tend to come when opposing thoughts are given, and all issues weighed.
Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>