      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Drew Nicholson
      Sent: Mon 4/2/2007 10:59 AM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Use of this list

      > The Lord Mayor, Town Crier, and any other administrators of this list are not our babysitters. If we cannot restrain ourselves from frivolous posts and fomenting argument then the failing is ours, neither theirs nor that of the others who make regular, valid announcements. To restrict the list to a select few would prevent a number of viable announcements and any sort of efficiency in communication, particularly when a moderate amount of self control from us would solve the problem.

      Having a discussion on a discussion list isn't a lack of self control.
      It's using the list for it's purpose.

      If there weren't such a thing as an announcements list, Yahoo wouldn't
      give us the option.

      I don't care either way, although I always think that seeking to avoid
      discussion is wrong. If we don't have these necessary discussions
      here, we'll have them elsewhere.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic