8427Re: [Ayreton] Two demos in July: Evanston July 10 and Homewood July 16 or 17

  • scaapersona
    Jun 18, 2014
      I can definitely help with the first.  And maybe bring 2-3 teens with me.

      As for the second one, I am unsure.  Catie's German host sister has stayed in the US this year as an exchange student.  Her mother will be in the states visiting.  Not sure what our plans with them are as her mother, Patricia, wants to drive out to Niagara Falls at some point during her 2 week stay.  I will let you know about that one closer to the date if that is alright.  If I do come, I would come after 11am as my son has football camp til 10am and would have to shower before we come.  He is a scout, so we enjoy doing scout demos.  :)

      Anna

      In a message dated 6/18/2014 4:07:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sirfern@..._reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Dear Ayreton,

      Tree Girt Sea has been contacted to request two demos in July. Can anyone help out? I will be there for both demos.

      1. July 10, Evanston. 9:30 am till noon. Arts camp, with King Arthur theme.

      It is an arts camp run by the city of Evanston for 6-12 old boys and girls, mostly Evanston residents.  The week of July 7 we are working on tales of King Arthur and real history of knights too.

      Orrington school in Evanston so we can do this outside in a field/playground or in the gym.  The morning would be ideal for us.  I would suggest 9.30 and 10.30 presentations as perfect for us if you could find someone free then.

      2. July 16 or 17 (negotiable). Homewood IL (south of I-80). Cub Scout daycamp, with King Arthur theme.

      Cub Scouts. Need I say more? We know all about Cub Scout demos. About 70 boys, ages 6-12.
      Camp times: 9am-4pm TWF, 9AM-8PM on Thursday
      Suggested demo schedule: Thursday afternoon or evening (Fern's recommendation, but negotiable depending on schedules)

      With both of these being huge audience, you can see why I'm asking for help! Please send me email if you are interested.

      fern1445-fern01@...

      All levels of SCA experience are welcome! If needed, I can coordinate rides to the demo.

      Thank you very much for your attention!

      Fern,
      new TGS chatelaine since May.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic