      From: mystborne@...
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:30 PM
      Subject: [Ayreton] Re: Mayors Offfice of Special Events ?

      I think Meurig must have it in for me. :-)

      Likely not though.

      As a member inside of Ayreton I think these ideas have merit and we
      should discuss them. I do very much like the ideas on a personal
      level.

      As the Towne Cryer...

      My job at this point, as I see it, is to keep people informed about
      the activities, demos and events in the area that I have been ASKED
      to make announcements about.

      While this is a passive receiving role - I don't announce anything
      that I haven't been explicitly asked to announce - It is a very
      active sending role. I try to make the announcements once a week but
      as we all know I sometimes spread out the announcements for a bit
      longer time.

      That happens because of real life and other SCA obligations. I am
      more than happy to continue in this role but for me personally I
      simply can not pick up any more duties because of real life and
      previous SCA obligations.

      So if this is something that we as Ayreton agree to do and have,
      great! But, I simply would not do a very good job at it as I could
      not pay it the attention it would most assuredly deserve.

      Any ideas on what this Office of Special Events should do?

      Ian the Green

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, Paul Beck <nicothoe@.. .> wrote:

      > I faintly recall some other mayor having an Office of Special
      Events (although his name escapes me at the moment) - and I got
      thinking .......maybe we could have one too!!

      > There is already a whole bunch of events happening in the area, and
      our devoted Town Cryer informs us of such - perhaps we can give him
      an official department!

      > This other mayor also has a number of parades....and I still think
      we should have have our own! Sadly there was no parade at out event,
      but there is nothing to say we can't have one in the future. What
      better way to show our unity by walking together under one banner.
      (There is a parade at Jubilee, perhaps we could plan on designing a
      banner and regalia)