8177ACTION REQUESTED: New Students Fair and First Practice (of the new school year)

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Sep 30, 2013
      Friends, Ayretonians, Countrymen,

      Lend me your ears! Actually, we need your whole selves.

      This Friday (Oct 4) is the New Students' Fair at the University of Chicago. We would like to have a good showing of SCAdians to show off the variety of awesome of activity available in the SCA. Set up is at 2pm on the main quad of campus and the students show up after 3pm.

      The following Sunday (October 6th) will be a super big practice outside Ida Noyes Hall at 2 pm.  We need as many experienced fighters as possible to please come.  Last year we had around 20 new students want to fight, and we were able to pair each student with an experienced fighter to hit and learn from.  We would also like to have people doing arts and sciences, rapier fighters and dancers to teach their skills, and period food available for the students to try.

      Maintaining a student group is vital to our ability to remain on the UofC campus. We need you to help us continue to make this happen.

      Please shoot me an email (sarafina.sinclair@...) if you are able to make it. Lady Susanna the short is our point person for both Friday and Sunday and her email is mickel14@....

      Looking forward to being awesome with you!

      In service,

      Sarafina

      --
      Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP