      Henry of Exeter

      From: drew n <drewnmt@...>

      At Pennsic, the regions fight as divisions, essentially.  Individual houses inside those regions may fight as units within the division, but the Midlands, as a region, has a heavy commander (Vargas), XOs (Tuge and Sabah) and Serjants (whose names I can't all remember, but they include Gintaras, and two others).  The rapier regional commander is Anton, and I don't know who his officers are.  There was a post about this on Fraiser's Oak, which is the regional email list; it's hosted by Yahoo.

      The Midlands is traditionally one of the smaller regions, fighter-wise, at Pennsic, so we're always looking to increase our numbers.  If you're going to Pennsic, contact Vargas or Tuge or Sabah to make sure you're in the count!  (I've CC'd Sgt. Tuge and his assistant, Sgt. Angelique, simply because I know their email addresses, and I don't know Sabah's or Vargas'.)

      As far as non -affiliated fighers getting together to practice; that's definitely good.  Line tactics, shield-wall, triads; all of these will work within the larger context of the midlands unit.  It's also a good idea to try and make it to the big practices, like the one in Blackhawk coming up at the end of April, because there's nothing like training in a large unit.