7628Re: St. Crispin's "Eve" archery practice

  • ian_maceyer
    Oct 20, 2012
      I was at this range today shooting. It is very nice. There are actually 3 ranges but only one privvy. When you enter the forest preserve from Butterfield road look for the road to the archery range on the left. Beware of speed mountains. A word to the wise, avoid Butterfield road as much as possible. Road work begins before Naper Blvd and continues to the Pacific coast.

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

      > Greetings one and all,
      >
      > St. Crispen's day is coming up soon, and I would like suggest in
      > honor of it, we have an outdoor practice on Sunday the 21st at Blackwell
      > Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
      > http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html
      >
      > They FP district has put together a nice range.
      > Dozens of targets - from 10 to 90 yards
      > Crossbows permitted
      > A picnic shelter a about 50 yards away, with tables and grills
      >
      > If there's any interest, I'll be out there by 10 or so to grab the
      > shelter. We can shoot until sunset. There's a fair amount of space
      > around for other activities as well.
      >
      > Xavier

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic