7566Northern weather for a Norse event!

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Sep 19, 2012
      It is looking like even the weather is going all viking style for
      Foxhunt's Down the Gren (Highs of 64, lows of 35)

      If you want to stay warm (and dry) viking style then make sure you
      RSVP for a viking wool hood that you can decorate in the 10am Norse
      Seam Treatment Class. Here is an example of one of the wool hoods with
      decorative seam treatments-
      https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/K1_lzVYwP8tlz1QHFHsog9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

      They are completely sewn, so even though you won't finish the
      decorative stitches, you can still wear the hood to keep you warm.

      I have wool in black and variety of neutral colors-
      https://picasaweb.google.com/107177881386152930272/MiscPhotos#5789898388650183010
      . If you want a specific color of wool I don't have, I can see if I
      can find it at vogue. If you want one of the wool hoods, please RSVP
      by Thursday.

      For those not wanting a hood, we will have linen Dublin hoods and
      Swedish hats to decorate
      Examples of the Dublin Hoods:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/107177881386152930272/MetalAndGlass2012#5789900805741182418
      http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/hairstyl.shtml#WomensHairstyles

      Example of the Norse Hats (wool)
      http://histvarld.historiska.se/draekter/vherreman/pdf/dvmmossa.pdf

      Some people have asked questions through email and through facebook,
      so I figured I would share them here:

      1. I am allergic to wool, can I have a linen hood instead?
      Yes, though for a viking linen hood (as opposed to the dublin hoods)
      are still $20. My linen stock is very low right now and I would need
      to pick up linen at Vogue, which runs between $14-20 a yard. Please
      let me know by Thursday if you would like a linen hood, and in what
      color

      2. I have a viking hood, can I bring that?
      Yes. I will have an assortment of embroidery threads, if you have a
      specific color (or fiber other than cotton), please bring it with you.
      You will want 2-3 skeins of embroidery thread.

      3. I have my own wool, can I make my own hood?
      YES! But it must be pre-sewn before the class. Here are a few viking
      hood patterns- http://www.medieval-baltic.us/skjold.html,
      http://fiamettatrastevere.blogspot.com/2012/06/lyvy-hood.html

      4. What if I just want a hood, but don't want to take the class?
      Sure, I am fine with that. However the seams on the hoods won't be
      double sewn, so you will want to do that later or bribe someone to it
      for you (or decorate the seams for you)

      Any other questions, feel free to email me
      --
      Baroness Verena Entenwirth
      Seneschal, Barony of Ayreton

      www.broomstich.com