7390Ayreton Populace Meeting Notes June 24th
- Jun 26, 2012
Ayreton Populace Meeting
June 24th at Copernicus Center in Chicago
Call to order at 12:23 pm on June 24th, 2012 at the Copernicus Center, 5216 W. Lawrence in Chicago (Tree-Girt-Sea )
Baron Henry of Exeter
Baroness Nadezda ze Zastrizl
Seneschal: Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP
Deputy Seneschal: Baroness Verena Entenwirth
Webminister: Lord Dunstan Bramblette
Knights Marshal: Lord Gareth Ostwestly
Minister of Arts and Sciences: Lady Kara Atladottir
Archery Marshal: Lordship Lukas Mesmer
Deputy Herald: Berngard Solgai
Exchequer:Mistress Margherita Alessia, OP
PART 1 (under Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP – Ayreton Seneshal)
- Old Business
i. General Proposal
1. Proposed date 2/23/2013
2. Theme: Spring Dance
3. Autocrats: Lord Dunstan Bramblette and Mistress Sarafina Sinclair
4. Location: Immanuel Lutheran School in Des Plaines, IL
ii. Additional Details:
1. Event bid passed
1. Request went out for Feast Steward
a. Mistress Margherita Alessia (Ghita) volunteered.
- New Business:
- No New Business
- Officer Reports:
- Seneschal Report
1. No contentions on any of the new volunteered officers.
2. Officers retaining positions:
a. Minister of Arts and Sciences: Lady Kara Atladottir
b. Knights Marshal: Lord Gareth Ostwestly
c. Archery Marshal: Lord Lukas Mesmer
d. Chatelaine: Lady Ardena Wildflower
e. Herald: Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
f. Webminister: Lord Dunstan Bramblette
3. New Officers:
a. Seneschal: Baroness Verena Entenwirth
b. Exchequer: Richard de Scolay
c. Chronicler: Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP
4. Thank you:
a. A personal thank you was sent out from the Seneschal and Baronage for the hard work and dedication of those officers who are stepping down.
i. Mistress Saraphina Sinclair- For her amazing hard work and dedication to the Barony as Seneshal
ii. Lady Margrett Norwoode- For her work as Chronicler- creating her enjoyable, timely, remarkable editions of the Zephy
iii. Mistress Margherita Alessia- For her dedication and organization of not only the baronial financial accounts, but also her years of service as Exchequer for the various cantons.
PART 2 - 1 (under Baroness Verena Entenwirth – Ayreton Seneshal)
- Officers Reports
- Heralds Report (written by Herald Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen, given by deputy herald Berngard Solgai)
i. Apology for not keeping uptodate with all the awards the populace has been receiving-however there have been A LOT
ii. Please look in the next edition of the IOI for the recent award/badge submissions for the Barony
iii. Awards were discussed
- Exchequers Report (given by outgoing exchequer Mistress Margherita Alessia)
i. We have money
ii. The new Seneshal and Exchequer will both be added to the checking account- however the old Seneshal and Exchequer will remain on the account. This way there are 4 available signers EACH living in a different group of Ayreton ( Verena- Tre-Girt Sea, Saraphina- Grey Gargoyles, Richard- Foxvale, Ghita- Vanished Woods), and will make it more accessible to get reimbursements)
- Webministers Report-
i. Would we like an area for the deputies on the website
1. YES- Thank you!
- Seneschals report-
i. Thank you to all the outgoing officers.
ii. All officers have been asked to please find a deputy by the next officer meeting
1. Please try to find one NOT in your home group. This will help spread out the involvement of the offices throughout Ayreton
2. If you cannot make a meeting, please try to send your deputy.
3. Currently have 3 open positions which it would be nice to fill: Rapier Marshal, Minister of Youth, Chirurgeon
a. Lady Kateline Carletoun accepted the position of Chirurgeon via phone (?)
- Barons Reports
- Baroness Nadezda ze Zastrizl-
i. Please check in with the Baroness if you are from Ayreton and will be heading to Pennsic
ii. All Ayreton Fighters, please check in with the Baronial Champion Dru Vladescu
1. Also please let him know if you need an Ayreton Tabbard or Tunic.
iii. Possible Ayreton Get-together
1. Potluck and Sausage Grilling (Verena offered to organize)
2. Quick Court to just say thank you- possible 7pm?
3. After Ayreton Archery Shoot?
4. Please watch the Ayreton Facebook for additional information and updates
iv. Baronial Canopy for Opening Cereomonies
1. Yes, Her Excellency would like to have the Baronesses Canopy for opening Ceromonies.
2. 4 Volunteers were found to hold it
3. Richard will organize/make the poles for it (receipt to be turned in for reinbursement)
v. Ayreton Archery Shoot-
1. Would the barony be interested in shooting together again one of the days?
- Baron Henry of Exeter
i. Next summer Ayreton will be doing a joint event with the Barony of Carraig Ban.
1. Looking for an Ayreton Co-Autocrat
2. Also please look at additional sites that could host a war
3. Feast? Possibly Pig or Meat roast.
- Old Business
- Ayreton Angels
i. Reminder that the ARC-Ayreton Angels will NOT be at Pennsic
1. Still looking for volunteers who can help out with either the AM rapier battles or the Afternoon armored battles.
2. The Ayreton Angels have ALL The supplies, they just need bodies
3. If your interested in helping please contact either Baroness Jane the Tall or Lady Anne
- Foxhunt/Brewers Guild
i. This year’s foxhunt is a discreetly damp site, with the possibility of brew being allowed during feast
ii. Possible donation by Ayreton Brewers
iii. The Feast Steward has asked that all drinks stay historically accurate to the theme (Viking)
1. Feast Steward Lady Kara Atladottir agreed to send out some documentation on historically accurate Viking drinks.
Meeting Closed at 1:01 PM--
Baroness Verena Entenwirth
Give me your unclothed, your unfed, your sober masses
- Next post in topic >>