      Event Site:
      1435 Summit Street, Elgin IL 60120, Kathy Freeman Center for Exceptional Care/Little Angels

      Classes And Activities Scheduled So Far for SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY:
      Sunday, March 4, 2012

      Open Scribal “Play” Table (ALL DAY!), Facilitated by Mistress Bianca Rosamund, OL. Loaner supplies and books will be available for beginners to borrow.

      SCRIBAL MERCHANT AREA: Scribal Supplies as sold by Mistress Ellen of the Scholars, OL. Mistress Ellen will also be demoing scribal skills and answering questions at her merchant booth. We will also have materials (and hopefully, coupons!) from calligraphy/art supply vendors like Dick Blick and John Neal, Bookseller.

      LUNCH: A homemade lunch will be available for purchase.  Smell pasties baking while you make scrolls!

      THis event is FREE! Though donations to Little Angels, the host facility, are much appreciated.

      TENTATIVE CLASS SCHEDULE: (Subject to change!)
      10:00 am Decorative initials of insular majuscule, the text pages of the Book of Kells.
      Taught by Lady Kara Atladottir

      1:00 pm Personalizing award scrolls for the recipient.
      Taught by THL Hillary of Langford

      More classes welcome! Submit your class info to Lady Mariza at jillhughes2@...

      WE NEED AN INSTRUCTOR FOR AN INTRODUCTORY CALLIGRAPHY CLASS FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS!
      Co-autocrat Lady Mariza de la Courete had originally planned to teach this, but a family emergency is preventing her from actually being at the event.  Is there anyone else out there willing to teach such a class? We have had many requests from beginners for a class of this type.

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network
      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic