6845Re: [Ayreton] Re: Midrealm Scroll Blank and Scroll Case Challenge

  • Amy Gibbons
    Nov 19, 2011
      I have been reading this stuff about scroll blanks, which I am not experienced at all in doing, and scroll cases which I think I could do.  How do you make a scroll case?  Brigitte of Ravenslake/  Amy

      From: Kelli <khirya@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 9:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Midrealm Scroll Blank and Scroll Case Challenge

      It really depends on the material used as far as thickness is
      concerned. I would imagine that the number needed to be as tall as His
      Majesty is closer to 300. Realistically I think if the cases given out
      were simply returned it could be done. However to answer the question,
      3 courts a month at least 10+ scrolls given out at each, 30*12 = 360
      for a year...Probably underestimated.... Or people could return
      them...just sayin' ;-)

      On 11/18/11, Seamus MacBain <seamus@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:21 PM, anthony_satoh
      > <anthony_satoh@...> wrote:
      >> Is that right? I started making some of these cases and based on the
      >> thickness of the ones I have so far, this will result in A LOT of cases?
      >> Unless His Majesty is also the mayor of munchin land, there will be a ton
      >> of scroll cases. What is the realistic number of scroll cases which is
      >> actually needed?
      >>
      >> -Ercc
      > A 6 foot tall king would be what... 72 inches, scroll cases are ~0.5
      > inches tall (is that too much?) ... so that would be 144 cases?
      > Kingdom wide that shouldn't be impossible unless I have drastically
      > over estimated the thickness of the cases.
      >
      > We could always pad the height a bit with some 3/4inch plywood scroll cases
      > :)
      >
      > --
      > Seamus

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic