658Re: [Ayreton] Basic Italian Renaissance Dress Workshop

  • kateslists@comcast.net
    Feb 23, 2007
      Oops, you're right.  I apologize.  One of our old event names was "the beast march fourth" on, of course, 3/4.  That name's been sticking in my head even though this is a different event..... This year it's Saturday March 3rd.
      From: Jenna Klauss <lttlems1@...>

      The Stone Dog event Is the 3rd I thought.  Which event are you speaking of?  Aldyet picked a day that would work for her I was just putting it out to the lists that are in the area.  She is new to the area and wanted to offer her vast knowledge of garb to prepare for the Ayreton event.

      kateslists@comcast. net wrote:
      Umm, did you really mean to schedule this opposite another event in Ayreton.  Grey Gargoyles is holding their/our event on March 4.
      (who's interested in the pattern)
      From: "ldyaldyet" <aldyet@broomstich. com>
      But wait it says "Ayreton Fest: An Italian Carnivale" Garb Prep
      Learn how to make a Basic Italian Renaissance Dress that fits!

      Would you like to go to the Italian Carnivale Ayreton Event in style,
      but don't have an Italian dress? March 4th, there will be a Basic
      Italian Renaissance Dress Workshop. Yes!, I said basic! We will be
      constructing two types of basic simple Italian Dresses that will not
      only fit correctly, but will allow you to attend the Ayreton event in
      style. The long waist Italian Ren is perfect for all body types,
      while the high waisted type is suited for those more endowed in the
      chest. Both dresses can be made with or without fun Italian Sleeves.
      Unfortunately, due to the size of the location, there is an 8 person
      limit, so please RSVP. We also ask that you leave all small creatures
      at home (including dogs and children)

      Aldyet Le Chaundeleur & Keiley Duchem

      The Details
      What: Italian R en Female Sewing Day
      When: March 4th
      Where: Naperville, IL
      Limit: 8 people
      RSVP: By Feb 26th.
      Session 1: Long Waist Italian Ren Dress: 10 am � 5 pm
      Session 2: High Waist Italian Ren Dress: 10:30 am- 5 pm

      Full information, including more detailed yardage requirements will
      be sent out when you RSVP

      Session 1:
      +Long Waist Italian Renaissance Dress
      *Cost (with corset): $6
      *Cost (without corset): $15
      � 5 yards of fabric or 3.5 yards of two complimentary fabrics.
      Works best with Cotton, brocade, or velvet.
      � Matching thread
      � 1 Roll Duck Tape
      � An old shirt, which can be destroyed
      � Trim (optional)
      � Requires an under chemise (not included)

      Session 2:
      Short Waist Italian Renaissance Dress
      *Cost (Back lace): $6
      *Cost (Side Lace): $7
      � 2 yards of a "special" fabric & 4 yards of a plain
      coordinating or complimentary fabric. "Special" works best as velvet,
      brocade, or geometric print cotton . Plain fabric works best as solid
      cotton fabric.
      � Matching thread
      � 1 Roll Duck Tape
      � An old shirt, which can be destroyed
      � Trim (optional)
      � Requires an under chemise (not included)

      Additional Information:
      Please RSVP to Aldyet (aldyet@broomstich. com) for additional
      When you RSVP, you will receive driving directions, yardage
      requirements, and other information.
      If you have a sewing machine, please bring it with you.
      If you have a particular image/picture of an Italian dress that
      resembles either of these dresses we will try to the best of our
      abilities to tailor the dress to the image.
      We will be ordering sandwiches for lunch, so please bring additional

      + Garment looks best with a corset. Corset directions, patterns, and
      kits are available as well as custom made corsets available for
      additional charge. However a corset is not requi re d.
      * Cost includes grommets, metal stays (boning), and handout

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time