6445Robyyan vigil at Carnivale

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Jul 6, 2011
      Thanks for the good wishes on my being placed on vigil for a Pelican, everyone.
      It was quite a surprise to me.

      Details still being worked out, but I did want to let you all know about my
      vigil plans. I never had one as a Laurel, so I'm trying to overachieve this
      time. :-)

      I plan to sit vigil at Carnivale this weekend, and then again at Pennsic. (The
      date of the elevation ceremony is unknown at this time. I might have the
      opportunity for two, three, or half a dozen more vigils!)

      For this weekend, I'm anticipating more of a group discussion than a traditional
      one-at-a-time with the candidate. I want to explore the topic of how the
      Pelican and Laurel are the same and how they are different. I am particularly
      interested in hearing from people who have neither, and especially from people
      with only a few years in the SCA.

      I will, of course, take time for private conversation if you're so moved. And I
      will have a blank book with me, so if you would like to write a few words along
      with or instead of conversation, that option will be available too.

      More on the Pennsic plans as they are firmed up.

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com