6302Fwd: MKAOD-Ravenslake Sept 2-4

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Jun 3, 2011
      Greetings!
           A Reminder that MKAOD-Ravenslake will be 2-4 September at a new site-the McHenry County Fairgrounds. This is a camping event, there will be shower facilities, (and if you want to pay for it, electrical hookups for your camp-at $30/night), lots of classes and lots of fighting.
           Speaking of classes, the Class Coordinator (martial and A&S) is THL Marie la Fauconnier (macgregorscairn@...). Let her know if you want to suggest a class or instructor or if you want to volunteer to teach a class! Cut and Thrust, SCA Rapier, SCA "Armored Combat", Archery, various Arts & Sciences. If we have volunteers to run Youth Combat, we'll have that, too. Tell Marie! If you have suggestions for Rapier Games or  Armored Combat Games, please let me know.

           MKAOD Scholarships: I am collecting for MKAOD Scholarships. As was done last year, inspired by Don Adam, I am collecting donations to be distributed to Scholars who might not otherwise be able to attend this event. So far we have had $100 worth of kind donations. (Last year we had over $300, but it is early yet...) The plan is to give at least one donation per Region; hopefully we will have enough to cover gate and camping fees and perhaps some gas money; but that is up to you. If you want to donate send your donation to John Seaton, 596 Windsor Drive, Fox Lake 60020. Do not send SCA funds, or any funds that have been through an SCA account-this is just personal donations.

           A reminder that the annual voting for Thorbjorn's Favor will be held at the event-more on that later.

      Thank you for your kind attention.
      Respectfully,
      Alexander de Seton
      MIC, MKAOD-Ravenslake