6112Re: [Ayreton] Re: Feasting

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Mar 31, 2011
      Now I do have some slight documentation which could put a chocolate chip like bisicuit or cookie in period :-) Want to cooks some with me this year?

      In fact I might be teaching a class at Pennsic on late period Pâte à choux and Pâte à Panterellimost likely this year----- by the way that would period eclairs :-)

      -Verena

      On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Philippa of Otterbourne <otterbourne@...> wrote:

      So, Verena... The chocolate chip cookies you make in camp are documentable? ;-)

      Philippa

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 31, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:

      <snip>Those are all summer camping/outdoor events. ............ That's because most of those sites just don't have suitable cooking facilities. (And have you ever tried cooking outside?  Not easy, especially on a large scale). <end snip>

      Actually on this one I would personally have to disagree with you. I know Foxhunt had an amazing Feast last year, and correct me if I am wrong, but it was all cooked outside.

      Also, those who camp with Ayreton at Pennsic get fed pretty well- all of the meals are even document able (but shhhhh don't tell them that)  It is not harder to cook outside, it just takes a different way of thinking and cooking.

      Lady Verena (who would never organize a feast, but would have no problem feeding a couple dozen fighters at Pennsic)

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      www.broomstich.com

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic