      From: Christian Fournier <cf@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, March 31, 2011 8:13:47 AM
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Feasting

      I'm not convinced that there's particularly a trend, here-- if we look at recent local events (12th Night, All Soul's), we mostly see "traditional feasts."  The same is true of every upcoming nearby event that I could find (RUM, Rites of Spring, Coronation/3 Saints, Awakenings).

      So, yes: locally we have two events coming up in the next year, both of which will be experimenting to some degree with feast formats, either out of necessity or will-- but I think that's hardly reason to decry the death of traditional feasts...

        XF

      On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Margrett Norwoode <mistressmargrett@...> wrote:

      I've been listening to recent plans for Carnivale and Twelfth Night . . . What I would very much like to know is why the recent trend at local events to NOT have a traditional feast. For some of us, having a feast is what makes an event special and often strongly influences our decision to attend. As a lover and cook of historical foods, I love the opportunity to try new dishes. I especially love that I can do that in a room full of all my friends, with entertainment, fanfare and ceremony. Feast is an experience, not a meal. Why is the trend for that experience to be removed from events? Without that, we might as well run out to a restaurant.

      Margrett

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic