6098Re: [Ayreton] Feasting

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Mar 31, 2011
      Well as the autocrat for Carnivale, I can answer for this particular event it comes down to site limitations. We must be off-site by sunset (8:30pm).

      Originally Kara had an amazing, period (and longer) feast planned. However, because of the numerous site changes, this one would not be possible at this year's Carnivale. In order to run the feast the way it would need to be, it would have had to start at 4, which was just not feasible.

      I am just thankful that she was able to come up with another plan that would fit this particular site better, and amazingly she did it on such short of a notice.

      However, I do agree with you, that I also really love the whole feast experience, and cannot wait to enjoy the original one that Kara had designed at a later date.

      -Verena

      On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Margrett Norwoode <mistressmargrett@...> wrote:

      I've been listening to recent plans for Carnivale and Twelfth Night . . . What I would very much like to know is why the recent trend at local events to NOT have a traditional feast. For some of us, having a feast is what makes an event special and often strongly influences our decision to attend. As a lover and cook of historical foods, I love the opportunity to try new dishes. I especially love that I can do that in a room full of all my friends, with entertainment, fanfare and ceremony. Feast is an experience, not a meal. Why is the trend for that experience to be removed from events? Without that, we might as well run out to a restaurant.

      Margrett

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      www.broomstich.com