6097Feasting

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Mar 31, 2011
      I've been listening to recent plans for Carnivale and Twelfth Night . . . What I would very much like to know is why the recent trend at local events to NOT have a traditional feast. For some of us, having a feast is what makes an event special and often strongly influences our decision to attend. As a lover and cook of historical foods, I love the opportunity to try new dishes. I especially love that I can do that in a room full of all my friends, with entertainment, fanfare and ceremony. Feast is an experience, not a meal. Why is the trend for that experience to be removed from events? Without that, we might as well run out to a restaurant.

      Margrett
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic