6082Re: [Ayreton] new regional A&S champion

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Mar 27, 2011
      Thank You!

      Ayreton had a most amazing showing of both contestants and judges at Regional A&S this weekend. *

      Lady Phillipa Montague (of our northern neighbors of Ravenslake) made a completely working model of her hand-made pavilion. The actual pavilion is quite amazing itself, but I am absolutely enthralled by her working model.

      Lord Ercc of Vanished Woods, once again showed his proficiency in everything he touches, by entering his Elizabethan linen ruff, his hand-made buttons, his slashed leather Elizabethan, and some of his metal-work. Ercc, please correct me if I am wrong, but was this the leather garment completely made out of leather from thrift-stores?

      Baron Henry of Rokkehealden entered both his 16th century “simple beer, and his pear dish. Unfortunately by the time I made it over to his dish to sample it, it was all gone! I did however hear how amazing it tasted.

      Of course, none of this would have been possible without the volunteers and those working behind the scenes. Of the Ayreton folks I saw judging were Master Christian, Mistress Arianna, Baron Henry, Lady Phillipa, and Lord Ercc. There was also Lady Ellinaor who spent her event doing data entry, entering the numerous judges scores.

      We were also well represented at the Regional fighter practice by our Baronial Armored Champion Seamus MacBain and Master Christian (I still have no idea how he fought and judged so many items)

      Overall, Ayreton proved once again what an amazing assortment of artisans we have. The day just re-enforced how absolutely proud I am to be part of such an astounding Barony.

      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion

      *The following individuals and entries were the ones I was able to recognize on my 3 hours of sleep. I did hear that there might be additional entries from Ayreton, which either came down with another individual or by someone who I have yet to have the pleasure to meet. If you took part in any way with this weekend’s Regional A&S and were not listed above, please let me know.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic