5917Re: [Ayreton] Northside Beginning Armored Combat Instructions

  • Seamus MacBain
    Jan 18, 2011
      On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:

      Have you ever wanted to try armored combat, but maybe was a bit
      intimidated by the Heavy armor and thick swords? Are you interested in
      possibly joining the 40 Ayreton fighters on the field at Pennsic? Are
      you interested in participating in either siege weapons or combat
      archery?

      A new armored fighting class will be starting next Tuesday (January
      24) at the Northside Thieves Practice. This will be a slow class
      concentrating on form, stance, and movement. Armor will not be
      required for at least a month.

      If you are interested or have questions, feel free to contact me off
      list at verena@...

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      www.broomstich.com

      I would like to offer my personal thanks to the Lady Verena for helping expand the options for beginning fighters in the Ayreton area, and would like to remind even the experienced fighters that reviewing the basics helps move past plateaus in our own training.

      As a reminder for myself and to allow others to call me on it in the coming weeks/months - the single easiest way to get better at SCA heavy fighting - helmet  time.   Get out to a practice and throw on your gear.  Sundays with Grey Gargoyles, Thieves on Tuesdays, Shire of Blackhawk does Thursdays.  For the more adventurous Wednesdays in Madison with Jaravellir (who also do a Sunday as well), Caer Anterth Mawr in Milwaukee has a Monday night practice (with Thursdays returning later this spring I believe).

      Once the weather warms up the local practices should be doubling in options for fighting.

      --
      Seamus MacBain

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic