5746Thank you for helping with the Mensa programs

  • lady_mairead
    Nov 3 9:02 PM
      I want to thank and publicly acknowledge several Ravenslake folks who were of great help to me recently at the Chicago Mensa Halloweem convention. When we cancelled the Ayreton demo at the Mensa event, I still needed to fill the timeslot we promised to them for the event.

      So I offered them a display and open house for Friday afternoon focusing on period cooking, calligraphy/illumination and costuming, with an Elizabethan focus. These are some of my biggest passions and my preferred time period, and I knew that I could have plenty of information and examples to show on them. But I was going to have to do it all by myself.

      Ann of Walton Woods and Tabitha Pennywarden came to my rescue, and showed up to assist me. Tabitha brought displays on armor and needlework & lucet and discussed them with folks. Ann did needlework while there and discussed that. And I discussed everything else LOL.

      It would have just been me and a smaller display without them, and it would been a poorer program. Thank you to both of them, and to Lyriel who was also going to assist but could not due to medical issues.

      And thank you to Tabitha doubly, who also assisted me with my early music program on Saturday as a member of Court & Country.