5382Fwd: [Mid] Historical Martial Arts Classes at Pennsic

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Jul 29 7:57 AM

      From: Marie Schorn <ladyarrienne@...>
      To: sca-middle <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Thu, Jul 29, 2010 9:06 am
      Subject: [Mid] Historical Martial Arts Classes at Pennsic

      Hi Everybody,

      I don't remember if Adrian posted this here.  If you are interested in learning what people in period actually studied to get better at combat (fencing, etc.), this is a great opportunity. They have gotten some renowned real world experts to come to Pennsic and teach.

      Arrienne

      Greetings!
      For our second year in a row, the WMAinSCA camp is offering a full series of
      Historical Martial Arts classes at this years Pennsic War 39 (
      www.pennsicwar.org), in a continuing effort to bring the Western Martial
      Arts and the SCA Combat communities closer together, and to share in the
      study and research of the Historical Arts to all interested.
      The full class schedule is posted at: www.flechyr.com/WMAinSCA along with a
      downloadable PDF version to print and take with you to Pennsic. Any changes
      to the schedule, and any additional information (like our camp location)
      will be maintained and updated on the website (including the PDF) up until a
      day or two before Pennsic, so check back before heading out.
      This year's line up features some very special classes by: Tom Leoni,
      Christian Tobler, and Greg Mele, to name a few, along with a host of other
      SCA and WMA instructors with classes ranging from I.33 through Pallas
      Armata.
      Come join us, there's definitely something for everyone, and be ready for
      some excellent training!
      Please feel free to re-post or forward this information on.
      In Service,
      Warder Adrian Flechyr
      WMAinSCA: www.flechyr.com/WMAinSCA
      Lt., The Company of Saint Jude: www.companyofsaintjude.com