5232OT: Introducing MuseCon!

  • Liana Winsauer
    Jun 24, 2010
      Hello from MuseCon,

      Not going to Pennsic and looking for something to do? Give MuseCon a try!

      MuseCon (www.MuseCon.org) is a convention for tinkerers, artists,
      gadgeteers, musicians, inventors, and all sorts of creative people.
      Although we’re concentrating our publicity efforts on 2011, our first
      convention is this year, and we’d like all our SCA friends to join us
      at the beginning.

      MuseCon 2010 will be held the weekend of August 6th through 8th, 2010.
      MuseCon will be held at the Westin Chicago Northwest in Itasca,
      Illinois.

      What does your MuseCon membership get you?
      • Classes, panel discussions, and hands-on workshop, including topics
      like knitting and crochet, polymer clay modeling, reiki, blinkies
      (those nifty LED badges), Photoshop, papercraft, and photograpy.
      • A whole track of music! Concerts by Toyboat, Bill Roper, and
      others, open music circles for the musicians, and classes for the
      aspiring musicians.
      • The Con Suite, aka a hospitality suite, with various kinds of soft
      drinks, snacks, and even Real Food.
      • Three days of fun and interaction with lots of other creative people!

      On-line registration for MuseCon 2010 is up and running at:
      http://www.musecon.org/reg2010.html

      If you want to stay at the convention hotel (not required!), call
      630-773-400 and mention MuseCon, or reserve a room on-line at:
      http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/Musecon

      For 2011 we already have the amazingly talented musician, lyricist,
      and vocalist SJ Tucker (www.sjtucker.com) as our Guest of Honor. We
      are also taking registrations for MuseCon 2011, which will be held the
      weekend of August 5th through 7th, 2011, at the same hotel. On-line
      registration for MuseCon 2011 is available at:
      http://www.musecon.org/registration.html

      We hope to see in 2010 and 2011!

      Liana Winsauer (probably better known to most here as Ragnheid
      AElnothsdottir of Otter Necessities)
      MuseCon Public Relations
      pr@... or otter42@...