      From: Eva <schultz6755@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm
      Subject: [Ayreton] Possible demo - Plainfieldfest - July 17/18

      Hello Ayreton,

      I've been asked by a lady at my sister's church, Plymouth Congregational Church
      in Plainfield (http://tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=plymouth_congregational)
      if we can provide any demo support for the church's display during Plainfield
      Fest, July 17-18. They asked last year, but it overlapped with Simple Day, so
      the church developed and ran their "renaissance faire" on their own. This year,
      if we can provide any support, they would love to have us.

      Plainfield Fest actually runs for three days, July 16-18, but we wouldn't be
      needed/expected the entire time. The coordinator said: "We will probably
      participate on the Saturday and possibly on the Sunday, and from last year, it
      probably won't start until the afternoon, as we didn't get much response in the
      earlier hours.  We have an area where you could do your demonstrations either in
      front of the church steps or in the side yard – we have several tables set up
      under a canopy where we sell items and baked goods.  We would feature
      demonstrations at whatever times you can give us, either set times (1 p.m., 3
      p.m. 5 p.m.) or in one continuous time slot.  We are simply looking for people
      who will attract attention to our area, and events that we can advertise (Sword
      fighting demonstration at 2 p.m!)  in the paper and on our posters. We'd love to
      have some music too, if that can be provided."

      I believe we would be able to hand out SCA flyers as a recruiting tool - I can
      confirm that with the coordinator.

      Is there any interest in participating? I realize there is still quite a bit of
      time before this would take place. I have never organized and run a demo – what
      timeframe would be appropriate for finalizing our commitment and confirming with
      the church?

      If I can get a little input from someone who is experienced in running demos, it
      would be most appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Elianora Saunfayle

      "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: