4993RE: [Ayreton] Loss of an Ayreton member.

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Apr 15, 2010
      Ansel,

      I am truly sorry for your loss. I remember practicing with him at an Ayreton practice held at the All Souls' site as he was trying to authorize. He had already hit Henry of Exeter a few times below the knee while sparring with him. One of his first shots against me went a little below my knee. I started to chuckle, said "I think that was a little low", and chuckled some more. Ryan immediately apologized. I said it was no big deal and laughed a little more. Ryan apologized again afterward, and I laughed it off a further time. He must have thought I was insane.

      Although our paths hardly crossed, the few times I saw Rayn he was a great kid who was fun to be around. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family at this terrible time.

      In Service,

      "Voca me cum benedictis"
      2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      From: ansel_1361@...
      Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 03:55:50 +0000
      Subject: [Ayreton] Loss of an Ayreton member.

      To Ayreton,

      It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.

      Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.

      It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.

      Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.

      Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.

      A very sad Ansel and family.