4851Re: [Ayreton] Re:[CHARTER] Agenda for 2010-02-07

  • Bernal Schooley
    Feb 7, 2010
      Greetings Tim,

      The changes to the charter so far have either been to comply with kingdom law or have been made to clarify the original meaning without changing it.

      If all goes well at today's meeting, the final set of changes will comply with Their Majesties wishes while still retaining as much of our original intent as possible.

      I will make sure that your concern is brought up at the meeting today. We will at the least, publish the changes on the Ayreton mailing list for review as has been our practice all along. But assuming there is agreement at the meeting today, we will also submit the changes to the Kingdom Seneschal for his review as well. Then, assuming there are no significant objections, we will then resubmit the petition.

      In your service,
      --Richard

      On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:33 PM, <TCD3125@...> wrote:

      "The goal for this meeting is to edit the charter to resolve issues that make it unacceptable to Their Majesties or are of concern to the kingdom Seneschal. When this meeting is over, we should have a final text to return to the advancement packet as our baronial charter, with all issues addressed."

      With the major changes being made to this document is there a plan to send it to the populace as we did for the First Charter.  I am uneasy with major revisions being made to a document and then being submitted without giving the people it will affect a chance to voice their opinions and vote upon it's adoption.

      Tim

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic