4720Re: [Ayreton] Hello, new "oldie" here!

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Jan 7, 2010
      -----Welcome back. I look forward to meeting you all. You know there are some cool loner clothes for your husband available from the Aryeton gold key.
      Thanks Julia.  I'll keep the Gold Key in mind.  My hubby is Chinese-American and he plans to develop a Chinese persona, so he's going to wear a traditional Chinese peasant jacket that he already owns along with some slacks.  But he may need a cloak or something, so if need be he will borrow one from Gold Key.

       Jill/Lady Marissa

      Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughes.com

      www.jamaicalayne.com

      Avon Representative: www.youravon.com/jillhughes

      From: Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [Ayreton] Hello, new "oldie" here!
      To: ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 1:58 PM

      Greetings all.  I am Lady Marissa de Courette (Jill Elaine Hughes) and I am returning to SCA after a 20-year absence.  (I attended my last event circa 1990, in Barony Flaming Gryphon).  In the modern world I am the daughter and stepdaughter of Tom Hughes (Baron Master Sean O'Shaugnessy) and Dame Nicholaa Halden (Nora London).  In the SCA world I am a 16th-century Marrano (Spanish Jew) who is hiding her true identity and outwardly posing as a good Protestant and/or Catholic, depending on where I'm living at any given time----my domiciles have included Spain, Flanders, Calais, and (currently) England.

      My SCA interests are primarily A&S, specifically costuming, leatherwork (for which I received my AoA way back when), and Tudor & Elizabethan drama, performing arts, and culture.  I am also possibly interested in learning the art of fencing.  In the distant past I also volunteered as a chiurgeon, as a scout at multiple Pennsic Wars (Pennsic 13 was my first event), and as a babysitter to multiple royal families.

      I'm planning to rejoin the SCA starting with Tree-Girt-Sea' s 12th Night Celtic Faire, and will be bringing my husband and two-year-old son in tow, in hopes they will also rejoin the Society with me.

      I had to pleasure of meeting many of my Vanished Wood brethren at the recent holiday party, though I have forgotten many names and faces already.  I look forward to meeting and seeing everyone at future events.

      In the modern world I live in Arlington Heights and work part-time as a professional writer, journalist, and novelist.  My husband Albert Chung (no SCA name yet) works in banking and my son Elliott works hard at being a two-year-old.

      all best,
      Lady Marissa de Courette

      Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughe s.com

      www.jamaicalayne. com

      Avon Representative: www.youravon. com/jillhughes