      From: Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...>
      Subject: [Ayreton] Hello, new "oldie" here!
      To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 1:58 PM

      Greetings all.  I am Lady Marissa de Courette (Jill Elaine Hughes) and I am returning to SCA after a 20-year absence.  (I attended my last event circa 1990, in Barony Flaming Gryphon).  In the modern world I am the daughter and stepdaughter of Tom Hughes (Baron Master Sean O'Shaugnessy) and Dame Nicholaa Halden (Nora London).  In the SCA world I am a 16th-century Marrano (Spanish Jew) who is hiding her true identity and outwardly posing as a good Protestant and/or Catholic, depending on where I'm living at any given time----my domiciles have included Spain, Flanders, Calais, and (currently) England.
      My SCA interests are primarily A&S, specifically costuming, leatherwork (for which I received my AoA way back when), and Tudor & Elizabethan drama, performing arts, and culture.  I am also possibly interested in learning the art of fencing.  In the distant past I also volunteered as a chiurgeon, as a scout at multiple Pennsic Wars (Pennsic 13 was my first event), and as a babysitter to multiple royal families.
      I'm planning to rejoin the SCA starting with Tree-Girt-Sea' s 12th Night Celtic Faire, and will be bringing my husband and two-year-old son in tow, in hopes they will also rejoin the Society with me.
      I had to pleasure of meeting many of my Vanished Wood brethren at the recent holiday party, though I have forgotten many names and faces already.  I look forward to meeting and seeing everyone at future events.
      In the modern world I live in Arlington Heights and work part-time as a professional writer, journalist, and novelist.  My husband Albert Chung (no SCA name yet) works in banking and my son Elliott works hard at being a two-year-old.
      all best,
      Lady Marissa de Courette

      Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughe s.com

      www.jamaicalayne. com

      Avon Representative: www.youravon. com/jillhughes