4240Pennsic thank you!

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Aug 21, 2009

      Greetings,

           My apologies for being remiss as I should have sent this out right after Pennsic .    It has taken me a little longer to get back onto the swing of things  then I would have thought.  J

           The Ayreton Militia did great at Pennsic.   We had troops in every heavy battle that took place.  Our numbers varied from a minimum of 2-3 to one day we actually had 13 (thanks to Bojei and her Moritu friends for that high mark).  Generally the Ayreton Militia was about one quarter to one third of the entire Midlands force.  That is something to be very proud of!   One highlight off the field was seeing the look on the King of Drachenwald when we gave him a gift for allowing Earik to fight with us this year.  I think he was tempted to bring all of Drachenwald to join us after that.

           The Ayreton Fighter Support folks set a very high standard, one that will be hard to duplicate.   It may be I am a mite prejudiced but it seemed they were the only organized support group on the field.   Water, Gatorade, band-aids,  and duct tape, didn’t matter what you needed, they had it.   They supported not just the Ayreton Militia, but anyone and everyone that needed it.  They had such a success that they are discussing doing it not just at Pennsic but at local events too!

               I cannot thank enough those who were part of the Militia or  the Fighter Support.   You people were fantastic!

      Sgt Henry of Exeter

      Ayreton Knights Marshal