3886Re: [Ayreton] Demo Rotolo Middle School

  • Christina King
    Apr 30, 2009
      I'm available and can either go Middle-Eastern and dance or go Euro and stitch something.

      Mihri

      On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM, <jeffnaggie@...> wrote:

      Greetings to the lists;

      We are being asked to do a demo.  Actually we are being asked to do a repeat demo, at a middle school as they are completing their social studies middle ages unit.

      Where: Sam Rotolo Middle School - 1501 S. Raddant Rd.  Batavia, 60510

      When: Thursday, May 14 - 6:30 till 8:00 pm at the latest.

      Why:  We did such a good job last year!

      For those of you who remember, this was a well organized demo last year.  Carraig Ban with the help of Mistress Acelina did a fantastic job of setting up the format.   Tables were placed in the perimeter of the room with various A & S displays and hands on activities that  attendees could walk around and view.

      Fighting was held outside as well as (I believe) youth combat.

      Students built trebuchets and were able to launch them into a field.  This is happening this year as well.  Honestly, it was cool seeing the designs that the students came up with last year.

      We will be in a different location this year due to construction, but will still follow the same format.

      So...I need to know who is available and what you are willing to bring, show off and do.

      Please email me at
      Jeffnaggie@...,  or phone at 630-750-0965 and let me know if you are available and what you will be displaying.

      We need fighters, fencers, youth combat, scribes, chain mail knitters, regular knitters, fiber arts, book binding, if you do an
      A & S...come show it off to a very appreciative middle school audience and their parents.

      Thank you,

      Hillary of Langeforde

      Can't afford a new spring wardrobe? Go shopping in your closet instead!

      --
      Christina King
      http://www.rakschristina.com

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic