      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Ayreton@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of AlexdeSet@...
      Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:33 PM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com; TerraeFinis@yahoogroups.com; Bronze_Ring@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Ayreton] Fwd: Classes listed for A&S Day

      Greetings!
           I invite to your attention some of the classes currently scheduled for the A&S Day event to be held in Ravenslake on 7 March in Crystal Lake (McHenry County, IL). Looks like lots of good stuff with some noteworthy instructors!
           Personally, I am looking forward to the sewing machine class and Patrick von Brandenburg's "Equi-Sims" (fighting on horseback), among others.
      Respectfully,
      Alexander de Seton

      Classes listed for A&S Day
      Classes
      Please note that classes are subject to change.
      If anyone would like to teach, please contact Phaedra.
      More classes will be added as they are confirmed.

      Schedule will be posted in a shortly.

      How to use a Sewing Machine for Fighters. - A hands on class entirely for non-sewing fighters on how to use a sewing machine. The class will cover the basics of a sewing machine, machine maintenance, threading the machine, changing stitches, and general stitching. Participants will create a padded arming cap to be worn under a helm. Sewing machines and materials will be provided. Limit 10 people. Mandatory class for those going on to the Pillaging German Garb Class. $5 fee for materials (free for those in the Pillaging Garb Class). - (1 hour. 9am-10am) - Verena

      Pillaging; The art of German Garb through looting or How to make a Male Period German Landsknecht Outfit for $30.
      - A hands on workshop for non-sewers on how to make a period German Landsknecht outfit using looted items. Participants will make a Landsknecht Jacket (doublet) and pants (hosen). Class will also include documentation and history about the 16th century Landsknechts and their garb. Sewing Machines and materials will be provided. $30 fee for materials. Please email instructor beforehand (verena@...) in order to plan for the proper amount of materials and necessary sewing machines. The earlier class on How to use a Sewing Machine is mandatory. For experienced sewers and those not wanting to take the workshop, A Class Handout Packet is available for $10.
      (All Day Workshop- After How to use a Sewing Machine for Fighters.Those interested, please email Verena here) - Verena

      Reticella 101 and its applications
      ; blackwork; A&S competition --
      Arrienne

      Basic heraldry
      --
      Callie

      Court Heraldry, tourney heraldry
      --
      Master Alexander (will be combined with a small tourney, and a mock court)

      Kingdom Chronicler's class

      Men and women's Elizabethan clothing (2 classes); A&S competition-what
      to expect and how to prepare --
      Mistress Sarafina

      Armor-making and research; looking good for a Pas de Armes -- Master Sir Talbot

      Shoemaking -- Seamus Mac Murchada

      Pewter-casting -- Baron Ettienne des Roches

      Performance research -- Master Christian d'Hiver from Calontir

      Evaluation of Performances and Projects in SCA -- Catalin Zoldszem

      Breadmaking -- Simon (Catalin's husband)

      Embroidery (may be more than one type) --
      Gretchen

      Sausage-making; basic dairy (can be lecture/tasting) -- Tacit of Tree-Girt-Sea

      German Mounted Combat-armed; German Mounted Combat-unarmed; Historical
      Combat-Where we find it and how we do it --
      Patrick von Brandenberg
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic