3643A&S at Gulf Wars

  • Craig
    Feb 10, 2009
      Howdy All:

      For those going to Gulf Wars - considering participating in the Arts
      and Sciences. Check out the below information from one of the organizers.

      ~Philip

      Message:

      Please excuse the shameless promotion, but I know many of you are the
      arty type.

      I am starting the big media blitz to promote this Faire. Please,
      please feel free to copy the
      information and send it to any and all lists you think appropriate.
      This has been a lot of
      fun the past two years, and we would love to see everyone there!

      Thanks,
      Maudeleyn

      Greetings,

      Once again the Kingdoms of Gleann Abhann and Meridies are pleased to
      host the
      Gulf
      Wars Open Arts and Science Faire. This event is opened to artisans of
      all skill
      levels from
      the Knowne World. That's right - artisans from any Kingdom.

      To make things easy, there are two categories - Static and Performing
      Arts.

      You can display your item or perform only if you choose. To enter the
      Faire,
      documentation is required, although there will not be any formal
      judging as at a
      Kingdom
      Arts and Science competition. The Faire will have prizes to be given. The
      Royalty of
      Meridies and Gleann Abhann will give prizes for novice entries. The
      Laurels of
      Gleann
      Abhann and Meridies plan to give prizes as well prizes sponsered by
      individuals and
      guilds.

      The Populace is invited to come and choose their favorite entry too
      for the
      Static Display
      or for a Performing Artist.

      Both Meridies and Gleann Abhann are excited to again host this event
      at Gulf
      Wars. We
      wish to encourage the artisans of our Kingdoms and the Knowne World to
      show off
      their
      talents and get to know artisans from other Kingdoms.

      Schedule for the Gulf Wars Open A&S Faire
      hosted by Meridies & Gleann Abhann at Bede Hall
      Friday, March 20

      8:00 – 9:30 Entrant registration for Performing Arts, Display &
      Static Entries.
      Setup for Static & Display Entries
      10:00 to 2:00 Static Display opens to populace for viewing & voting
      10:00 & 1:00 Performing Arts presentations, voting encouraged
      Noon Entrants & Laurel's refreshments
      3:00 Winners Announced & Artisans may pick up their
      Entries
      4:00 Faire is fini – Bede Hall closes

      Performing Arts – Ten-minute limit from onstage to offstage. We will
      be able to record on
      video performances so that populace wandering in at times other than
      the scheduled
      performances will be able to vote.

      For more information contact
      The Meridies contact is Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour at:
      maudeleynATearthlin k.net

      The Gleann Abhann contact is Baroness Etheldred (Dredda) Nic Eoghain at:
      baronessdreddaATgma il.com

      We hope to see YOU there!

      Mistress Maudeleyn and Baroness Dredda