      From: Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:03 am
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Reenactor Fest Class Scheduling

      Dear Alexander,

      I will be attending this event and as for volunteering.  Please let me know what you need in the way of help. I can help out a little bit Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.  Are you the group that's in the foyer?  If you are, I understand your group gets a discount.  Would I be offered the same discount?  How do I let people know?

      Please send me your schedule needs, discount details, etc.

      Cheers,

      Robin Goldman(Lady Eleanor Ravenild)

      From: AlexdeSet@aol. com <AlexdeSet@aol. com>
      Subject: [Ayreton] Reenactor Fest Class Scheduling
      To: ShireofRavenslake@ yahoogroups. com, Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, TerraeFinis@ yahoogroups. com, baronaoc@aol. com, baront_2000@ yahoo.com, twlyon24@gmail. com
      Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008, 3:01 PM

      Greetings!
           I am the SCA contact person for Reenactorfest 5. It will be held on 6-9 February 2009 at the Westin Chicago North Shore (www.westin.com/ chicagonorthshor e).
           Reenactorfest is a convention for reenactors from all time periods. Last year, I saw picts, Romans, crusaders, English Civil War folks,  American Civil War folks, folks from the Spanish American War, Spanish Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, Desert Storm, Iraq...pretty much any conflict in history.
           The person who runs the Fest was looking for some SCA participation, and I said I knew some people. So, here is the deal.
           The SCA will have a display set up in a common area, centered on the merchant booth (14 Cent Flemish design) made by Lochlainn MacGregor. It is a good attention grabber, and can hold displays, tables, etc. I expect that we will want one or two people there all the time, to hand out SCA Chatelaine fliers, and info on the SCA and events. I'd like to have short, cozy demos for passers by-games, fiber arts, cooking, calligraphy and illumination, possibly pewter casting, etc...
           We also have the opportunity to have classes in rooms provided by Reenactorfest. Class periods are 45-55 minutes, but we can shift times to accommodate our needs. I am looking for class instructors in most any art or science (you know, this is a "wet" site...), armoring, glassblowing (ok, without the furnace-a display and description? ), various fiber arts, garb making, pattern making, etc. I expect the classes will be SCA oriented, but there is no limit on the time period covered. Do not be constrained because all students will not be SCA, look at it as an opportunity to show folks what you know!
           Finally, we have the opportunity to schedule "kinetic" demos-fighting, dancing, music, etc. These demos will be held in a demo area shared by other reenactors doing their own displays.
           All persons involved in a live demo or seminar will pay only $5.00 to get in that day. All other days they attend they pay the standard gate fee for that day(s). Here is an example of how it will work. The person who brings the spinning wheel (for instance) and does that live display all day gets in for only $5 (instead of the $20 gate
      fee). His or her friends pay the regular fee. So, folks who are >participants< or >instructors< get in for $5. Anyone else pays full price.
           Besides classes and demos to see the convention is a huge gathering of suttlers, merchants, artists, and artisans. Even if everyone is not of the SCA period, a very many are. And even if they are not, it is incredibly interesting to see. Quite the education and entertainment.
           So, if you are interested in volunteering to man the SCA display, or give a class, or participate in a live demo, please let me know. I will be putting out a schedule and more information when I have more to say. Thank you for your attention.
      Respectfully,
      Alexander de Seton
      known to the IRS as John Seaton
      596 Windsor Drive