      From: Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-ayreton@...>
      Subject: [Ayreton] [CHARTER] Committee Meeting Notes 2008-10-12
      To: "_ayreton list" <ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 9:18 PM

      The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the Ayreton business meeting.

      Present were:
      Robyyan (Dennis Sherman)
      Twm ap Twm (Tim Dinan)
      Julienne La Follette (Samantha King)
      Bojei Temur (Kate Bercan)
      Kevin Ambrezijwski (Kevin Purtell)
      Gareth Ostwestly (Jeff Berger)
      Hillary of Langeforde (Aggie Powell-Berger)
      Fern de la Foret (Laurie Erickson)
      Sarafina Sinclair (Harlie DesRoches)
      Etienne le Couteau des Roches (Steven DesRoches)
      Hal Raeburn (Gary 'Hal' Link)
      Ghita (Susan Early)

      The goal of the Charter Committee is to create a draft Ayreton Charter, which will be presented to the populace of Ayreton for approval.

      We agreed on the following ground rules for the operation of the Charter Commitee
      * It is VERY IMPORTANT that every group have at least one representative at every meeting.
      * We will have discussions and make decisions in face to face meetings, not electronic lists.
      * Email (this list) will be used for
      * distributing meeting agendas
      * distributing meeting notes
      * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people should read
      * It is VERY IMPORTANT that every group have at least one representative at every meeting.
      * We will have one conversation at a time.
      * We can disagree without being disagreeable
      * Committee membership is open. But every group should have AT LEAST one representative at EVERY meeting.
      * Meeting agendas will generally be published at least a week ahead of time. If you have an opinion on a topic on the agenda, attend the meeting, even if it is your first time. If you cannot attend, send your opinion via email directly to Robyyan, who will bring it to the meeting as hard copy so everyone can read it.
      * It is VERY IMPORTANT that every group have at least one representative at every meeting.
      * We will attempt to have meetings on the same day and at the same location as Ayreton business meetings, to minimize travel for us all.

      Next Meeting:
      * we are expecting the next meeting of the Charter Committee to be Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008, at 4:00pm at Ida Noyes (Grey Gargoyles)
      * we will brainstorm and discuss what should be in the charter. What topics are appropriate for the Charter, and what are better dealt with elsewhere. For example, the Charter has no need to address finances, other than perhaps referencing the separate Financial Policy document.
      * In preparation for that meeting, everyone planning to participate should review the governing documents of the SCA, Inc (Corpora, the By-Laws, Corporate Policies, and the Articles of Incorporation,http://www.sca. org/docs/ pdf/govdocs. pdf)
      * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents from other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!

      Thanks to all who are or will be participating!

      Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      http://robyyan. googlepages. com

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic