      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Scribesquire@...
      Sent: Thu 9/25/2008 4:21 PM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Pennsic recap

      I agree on corporal. I am open to any and all suggestions on both. Legion is used already....Lance is period and is for small units. Time to do some research! :)

      Henry

      From: David Valenta <dvalenta@...>
      Guard sounds to modern to my ears as does corporal.

      We should look for some period jargon.

      Lances is good way to identify each shire's componant.

      From: "David Roland" <mystborne@yahoo. com>

      > Here is a question for everyone, should we come up with a
      slightly more inspiring name like 'The Ayreton Militia'? Ayreton unit
      just does not seem to have much pizazz. :)

      Might this recent ex-patriot make a humble suggestion?

      The Ayreton Baronial Guard.

      Or should that be slightly too forward looking, the Ayreton Towne Guard.

      Merely a suggestion from one now North of the Cheddar Curtain.

      Ian the Green
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic