      From: acelinaofderelei@...
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 1:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Minutes from the Towne Hall meeting on 9/30 (fox hunt)

      Ok, I can speak from experience about the DuPage county fair grounds, and I did visit the Kane County fairgrounds once in hopes of a site.

      DuPage county fairgrounds is booked ALOT, but alot of groups, which makes for limited availability.  The main building would be great, but is hardly ever available.  Those who went to the two events we did there know that the "cafeteria" has only a marginal kitchen (I'm being kind), and there wasn't alot of indoor fighting space.  We were promised hot water in the showers, but apparently that never really happened.  And the animal smells were way worse.  I can't remember price off the top of my head, but I can look it up if we are really serious about it.

      Kane county has some great potential, but the availability issue is questionable.  I seem to recall that it was expensive for the times, as well.  But always worth looking into.

      I have no info about McHenry or Lake County fairgrounds.  And does Cook County HAVE a fairgrounds? (answer probably at one time, but as a lifetime suburbanite, I have no clue).