3084Re: A good set of gloves

  • Timothy Lyon
    Sep 8, 2008
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of
      swordsman's
      > gloves to order for rapier?

      I never use anything but elk skin, nothing else holds up to beign
      soaked with sweat. Where you get them depends on how handy you are. I
      get elk work gloves from Cabelas and sew on the cuffs. Of course I have
      been doing this for 30 years - nobody made gauntlets back in the day.
      The cuffs don't have to match or even be made of leather. For my
      practice gloves I use elkskin TIG welding gloves (do a google search).
      The cuffs are suede cow, but who really cares for practice.

      Logos
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic