      From: Hilla Hamasdohtor <hilla@wild-onions. org>
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Landed Noble Roundtable
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 7:57 PM

      Uhmmm...

      Why not have it at an Ayreton event? Not meaning any disrespect, but it
      *is* asking a lot to hold those sorts of meetings at other groups'
      events. If it were requested by Crown (like Chiv and Pelican meetings
      and the like), that is one thing. I mean, if a group of people sit down
      and talk, unscheduled, unarranged, that's fine. But to set up an
      official-type meeting during someone else's event, even if they are kind
      enough to agree to it, really isn't sporting. True, at an Ayreton event,
      the event staff might not be able to attend, but at someone else's
      event, such a meeting takes away from the activities planned for the
      event by the group that planned the event. It's hard enough, sometimes,
      to fit in all the activities with as few conflicts as possible, without
      a meeting being requested that has nothing to do with the event or,
      actually, the group hosting said event. So please, *don't* plan it at
      another group's event.

      Yours in service,
      Hilla Hamasdohtor

      kateslists@comcast. net wrote:

      > perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope event?
      > They'd be close enough for good attendance without having large
      > portions of Areyton people tide up working the event.
      >
      > Bojei

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic