2971Re: [Ayreton] Landed Noble Roundtable

  • Hilla Hamasdohtor
    Aug 7, 2008
      Uhmmm...

      Why not have it at an Ayreton event? Not meaning any disrespect, but it
      *is* asking a lot to hold those sorts of meetings at other groups'
      events. If it were requested by Crown (like Chiv and Pelican meetings
      and the like), that is one thing. I mean, if a group of people sit down
      and talk, unscheduled, unarranged, that's fine. But to set up an
      official-type meeting during someone else's event, even if they are kind
      enough to agree to it, really isn't sporting. True, at an Ayreton event,
      the event staff might not be able to attend, but at someone else's
      event, such a meeting takes away from the activities planned for the
      event by the group that planned the event. It's hard enough, sometimes,
      to fit in all the activities with as few conflicts as possible, without
      a meeting being requested that has nothing to do with the event or,
      actually, the group hosting said event. So please, *don't* plan it at
      another group's event.

      Yours in service,
      Hilla Hamasdohtor

      kateslists@... wrote:

      > perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope event?
      > They'd be close enough for good attendance without having large
      > portions of Areyton people tide up working the event.
      >
      > Bojei

      > From: "Craig" <philipwhite@... <mailto:philipwhite%40hotmail.com>>
      > > Howdy All!
      > >
      > > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
      > > hear what other people think too.
      > >
      > > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
      > > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
      > > to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
      > > Baroness to help us with our transition.
      > >
      > > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.
      > >
      > > What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
      > > interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.
      > >
      > > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
      > >
      > > ~Philip

      > Subject:
      > [Ayreton] Landed Noble Roundtable
      > From:
      > "Craig" <philipwhite@...>
      > Date:
      > Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:45:54 +0000
      > To:
      > Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > To:
      > Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > Howdy All!
      >
      > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
      > hear what other people think too.
      >
      > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
      > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
      > to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
      > Baroness to help us with our transition.
      >
      > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.
      >
      > What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
      > interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.
      >
      > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
      >
      > ~Philip

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic