      From: Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:52:07 AM
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Craftperson Database - need submissions!

      In an effort to compile a comprehensive and consistent listing, I feel it is easier to collect all the information and format it. Pulling from older sources does not guarantee accurate information and as a database geek, I have strong feelings about that.

      The method of distribution has not been set, however, I also strongly feel that dissemination of information is the goal and requiring people to have a Yahoo account, or contact an administrator in order to find out who they can talk to about 'costuming' (for example) defeats the point of having a database.

      No one is required to put any information in they don't want shared. There are many ways to mask email addresses to protect from phishing/spam/ scammers. If you're a Laurel, then you're listed on a public Laurel page - you decide what email and phone you want (or not) to use. Same kind of concept here.

      Right now, all I'm doing is collecting information. Nothing is being posted, just compiled. I'm hoping to have a LOT of work to do on this project as we have a LOT of very talented people out there.

      In service,