2824FINAL REMINDER: Vote for Webminister and Ayreton device

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Jul 7, 2008
      Unto the good people of Ayreton, greetings from the Towne Cryer!

      This is your final reminder to submit your proxy votes for a Baronial
      Device and for the Web Minister Officer. These are due Wednesday.

      Vote by Proxy: Email your choice to either your branch Seneschal or
      the Ayreton Seneschal. Proxies must include your SCA name, modern
      name, branch, zip code, and membership number. Proxies are due by
      Wednesday, July 9th. It is your job to confirm that your proxy was
      received in order to be counted.

      If you forget to vote by Wednesday you can still vote in person.

      In Person: Come to the Ayreton Business Meeting on July 13th at 6pm
      this Sunday in Rokkhealden. Both members and non-members can vote in
      person. Voting in person will be anonymous. Votes must be received by
      6:30 PM.

      Meeting is held at Tom's & Ghita's House: 4N400 Church Rd.
      Bensenville, IL

      Directions to Tom's & Ghita's House:

      Directions: Best route to I290 (west of Mannheim, south of
      Woodfield). Take Rt. 83 exit North. Go to first stoplight (3rd Ave).
      Stop if Red. Then turn Right (East). Go to first stop sign (Church
      Rd). Stop. Then turn right (South). Go 2 blocks. My house is the
      first house south of Red Oak (2nd street to the right), big grey
      house with circle driveway. There is a parking lot on the east side
      of Church just north of the house. Park there if driveway is full.

      Why hold a Baronial Device Final Vote and Web Minister Election?

      We recently held elections to choose Baronial officers and to decide
      on a Baronial name and Device. Two devices tied. These two choices
      have been conflict checked against the existing O&A, and could pass.
      We also have had people volunteer for web minister, an office that
      was not decided upon in the original election.

      We are following the process we first used to select officers (i.e. a
      general election) since we are still in the process of creating our
      governing documents. In order to help you make your decision, Device
      images and candidate information is posted on the Ayreton website
      (www.ayreton.org).

      Baronial Device Choices:

      A: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five 6-
      pointed mullets in annulo argent.

      Green on the left, blue on the right for the Chicagoland lands
      abutting the lake, 5 stars for the 5 groups.

      B: Per fess sable and azure within a laurel wreath Or a demi-sun
      issuant from fess.

      It's a black top half (ie night/beginning) with a blue bottom (for
      the lake) with a sun rising out of the lake. A sun rising out of the
      lake because this is where the kingdom started.

      Web Minister Candidates:

      •    Mistress Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal (Cynthia McCowin)
      •    Mistress Sarafina Sinclair (Harlie Des Roches)
      •    Lord Angus Fraser (Andy Otto)

      For more information on the candidates or images of the devices
      please go to www.ayreton.org.

      If you have questions please contact the Ayreton Seneschal or your
      local Seneschal.