2723Theft in Caid over the weekend (Forwarded)

  • David Roland
    Jun 10, 2008
      Theft in Caid over the weekend
      [x-Posted from the Altavia Baronial e-mail list. The following
      happened after Caid's Coronation on Saturday.]

      Greetings! Please feel free to cross post this.

      My truck and a vehicle from Starkhafn were both broken into. There was
      no damage to my truck and as far as I know the other vehicle is fine.

      Was was taken is as follows:

      1. The Queen's Champion Sword &Scabbard (Kingdom is working on
      replacing it as we speak.) They left the tabard.

      2. The Queen's Rapier Sword & Scabbard (Thee Rapier community has
      wanted to replace it for a wile and has stepped up the timing on
      that.) They left the cape.

      3. The Un-Armored Combat Sword & Scabbard (Kingdom is working on
      replacing that as well.)

      4. The Awards box (HG Falina says there are enough medallions in stock
      to last us till we order more.) We will need more cords, Silver and
      Blue and white, Vanguards of Honor and Cord de Guerres.

      5. HRM's Court favors (More are being made now, Thank you.)

      6. My Dragon wing (My Freehold and friends have already paid for a new
      one, Thank you!)

      7. Griffin Freehold's Feast box (Most of our feast ware was in a trash
      bag under the seat of my truck and is fine but still needs washing :( )

      8. One suit of Armor (Red carved leather and silver scale)

      9. 3 Uncle Asis baskets

      10. 1 pair of $300.00 Hair shears (I have 4 others and am fine.)

      11. About 100-150 of my CDs (All of this music is on my lap top or i-pod)

      12. My Chamberlain book.

      From Starkhafn:

      2 suits of Armor from2 of their young fighters.

      I don't have hopes of getting any of it back but the hotel did have a
      camera pointed right at my truck and the theft was caught on tape and
      the police have that tape. What I would like the populace to do is keep
      an eye on the Internet and the local swap meets. If you see anything
      please contact Countess Leonora or myself ASAP. It may take awhile for
      the stuff to show up.

      My stuff can all be replaced and will be, I would like people to help
      the young Starkhafn fighters to replace their armor. (You can contact
      the Baroness for more details on that.) Also this is a hard lesson to
      learn. We need to be better about security of our own stuff. As I
      walked around QC there were baskets with wallets on top, car keys on
      tables and other valuables out in plain sight. The constables can only
      do so much. We need to remember we are in public Parks and our cars are
      impenetrable.

      I would also like to that the people of Caid who came forth to help. If
      we had taken all the award medallions that were offered Caid would be a
      naked place indeed :) The Archery community stepped up. Baron Jamal
      offered his own sword to use till the QC can be replaced. People were
      removing the cords from around their necks to give to TRMs to use. The
      awards for the morning were all donated from people's own necks.

      Caid once again you make me proud to be one of your numbers.

      Thank you!

      Viscountess Lorissa du Griffin, OP
      Chamberlain to Edward & Mora, King and Queen of Caid